Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{easter weekend}


How was your Easter weekend?

Ours was very full of family time, hearty food, a bit of relaxation and, of course, lots of jelly beans and plastic eggs.

I had Good Friday off of work which was a welcome break, and my sister's birthday was Saturday, so on Friday Mom and I took her out for a girls' day to celebrate. My sister and I went through a rocky phase for quite a few years, and this day together was so good for both of our hearts. Very thankful for this mended relationship.
We had lunch and decadent desserts at a local French restaurant, did some shopping at the adorable boutique next door, and took the boys to paint pottery.
Saturday was a perfect spring day with a cool breeze and the warm sun shining. I took full advantage of it with a walk around our neighborhood in the morning.
The city made these marks all over our street, and I don't know what they are really for, but it was a good validation as I was huffing and puffing up that last hill. :)

Ben and I took another tour around later on his bike...
I don't know if there is anything cuter than this view.

Easter was spent with both sides of our family. That morning Dan worked his culinary magic on a really yummy brunch we shared with my parents, including lemon scones, which Landon helped him make...
Watching the boys help Dan cook is one of my favorite things. They are going to make good husbands one day! 

While brunch was cooking I snuck in a bit of doodling {words from one of my favorite hymns}...
And the boys enjoyed tearing into their Easter baskets...
Later that afternoon we headed to my mother-in-law's house for more celebrating. The weather was perfect for egg hunting, and she has the best tree roots in her yard for hiding them.

It was a full weekend that left us tired, but with happy hearts.

XO,
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...