Monday, July 06, 2009

{redecoration}

I've been a bad blogger lately. I guess I have just been feeling uninspired...or on the other hand I've had too many ideas floating around in my head to come up with a coherent post. Lots of things have been going on, but I'm going to force myself to stick to one topic today. My bathroom redecoration project. :)

I finally purchased the shower curtain I have been eyeing over the weekend at Target. It is white with a few sweet ruffles, and from the Simply Shabby Chic collection.

Here is the before (curtain from previous owners which was nice, but too busy for me)


And here is the after. Loooove it. The hubs is definitely compromising with me on this because it is rather girly.



The ruffles are my favorite thing.



I also purchased lovely green knobs and pulls for the cabinet. They look like these but with an oil rubbed bronze finish to go with the rest of the hardware in the bathroom.

I want to go with a soothing color palette in there, so I'm thinking of a neutral gray for the walls with other green accents like this soap/lotion pump, also from Target...



I'm not a fan of the medicine cabinet. It is one of those three mirror things that cuts you up into all sorts of weird angles and can make you look instantly thinner or double your usual size.

And it is way too modern for me. If I can figure out alternate storage in there, like a cute wall cabinet, I want to replace it with a simple white framed mirror. I also want to change out the light fixture shades for simple white ones.

And I'm going to try to spray paint the creepy vent cover an all over oil rubbed bronze color, because I'm having a hard time finding something similar. Any ideas?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...