Tuesday, July 21, 2009

{switcharoo}

Wow it has been a crazy week! Very hectic and some not so good stuff going on unfortunately. Ben came down with a stomach bug over the weekend so we've been dealing with that. And my Grandaddy is in the hospital with pneumonia. He is 89 and also has Alzheimer's, and we aren't sure if he is going to pull through or not. Prayers would be very much appreciated.

One productive thing that happened over the weekend was something I had planned in my head for a few weeks, and my lovely mother-in-law helped me make it happen. The big switcharoo involved my beloved IKEA Expedit bookcase, which I initially purchased to house all of my scrapbooking supplies. Here it is in all of its scrapbooking glory (in our old house *sigh*)



The second piece of furniture added to the foray is my IKEA Stranda wardrobe/armoire...



I've had this beauty for about 8 or so years, and until this weekend it has faithfully held my plethora of sweaters, t-shirts and jeans.

And the 3rd piece to this furniture love triangle is my hand-me-down 70's wooden dresser that I don't have a photo of...but you know the type. Sturdy, solid wood, but not so easy on the eyes. The drawers are lined with faux newspaper pages. Very old school.

So this is how it went down...

We moved all of my scrapbooking supplies from the Expedit into the Stranda. (I love using IKEA terminology). It seems to be made for this new job...everything fits and has a place, and my big 12x12 paper cutter hides away nicely on the very top. Now my beloved supplies are behind closed doors and away from L&B's little hands.



The Expedit is now laying on its side waiting for some cute baskets to fill with books and toys for the boys. I really like this new orientation.



And after some much needed editing of my wardrobe, my clothes are now tucked away in my 70's dresser, with the addition of a hanging sweater organizer for the overflow.

And did I mention we did ALL of this in the 2 hours the boys were napping? Yeah...we're hardcore. :)

And because I know you need some baby goodness, a cute pic I got of the boys last night. It is so fun to see them interacting!



Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

sandra said...

that's a great new set up!
wish i had the space to just pull everything i have in one place like that. i have shelves and boxes and bins (all from Ikea, too)and i forget what i have at times.

ikea rocks, baby!

sandra said...

ps. ur kiddies...so CUTE!

Jill said...

Looks great! The storage in that wooden cabinet is great! And I like the versatility of the bookshelf! :) Good work lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...