Friday, November 06, 2009

{all mine}

So remember the Craigslist china cabinet that I posted about a few days ago? Well, I went to look at it, and it wasn't quite what I had in mind, Buuuut, right next to it sat the most gorgeous 1940's mahogany cabinet, in great condition, and for a steal of $100.

Needless to say it only took me a few minutes to say SOLD! I handed over a check, but sadly, wasn't able to take it home since its massive 6x4 foot frame wouldn't fit in our SUV. I don't have a pic yet, but it looks a lot like this one, although ours has some decorative detail on the glass...



And you know what I love the most about it? The little, ornate, original key to the doors that is hanging out in the top drawer. I love those little details.

I've rounded up a few helpers - one with a truck and one with big muscles - to help us bring it home on Sunday. I can't wait to get it home, unpack all my milk glass, and make it a part of our family!

Maybe this will inspire me to finally finish the dining room paint and hang the curtains I've had sitting in the laundry room for months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...