Sunday, December 04, 2011

{a glowing Christmas}

I feel like it is really Christmas in our house now that our tree went up today. And I'm so excited with how it turned out! We've had the same artificial, pre-lit tree (red, green and white lights) for the past 5 or 6 years, and this year the lights finally gave out. Last year, I went with a simple mix of red, green and silver {shatterproof = toddler proof} ornaments...


But this year, since the lights needed to be changed, I decided to go with an entirely different color scheme and bought light blue and brown ornaments to mix in with our already owned silver ones, and all white lights. Here is this year's tree...



Don't these pictures have an awesome glow?!


I can thank my friend Beth for teaching me on her blog, Unskinny Boppy, how to get a great glowing Christmas tree photo. Her photo of her glowing tree from last year has blown up all over the internet and on Pinterest, and you can see it and her instructions on how to get your own glowing tree photo right here...

She is also hosting a linky party to show off your tree photo, so head on over and link up!

Just for fun, here are a few pics of the boys decorating...




And Landon having a bit too much fun with the ornament packaging. :)


They sure kept the decorating process...challenging. :) Gotta love life with two three year olds!


post signature

4 comments:

DianeTaylor said...

So pretty Mandy! I love how it glows in your pictures (note to self: check out Beth's tutorial on how to take a good Christmas tree pic!!).

Carry Grace said...

Your tree turned out really pretty!

Elyssa said...

Great pictures! I just pinned Beth's tips yesterday on Pinterest. :)

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy said...

I love these pictures so much. That one of Landon looking like a Lego really cracks me up. LOL

Thanks so much for linking up to the party! Your pictures are beautiful. Good job, sister!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...