Friday, December 16, 2011

{a new tradition}

The holidays are SO much more fun with children and my favorite part is creating new traditions with the boys. This year we added another one to the list, thanks to my parents. They brought over a gingerbread house kit the other night and we had so much fun putting it together and watching the boys decorate it. It was actually the first time any of us had made one!

Here are a few pics from our gingerbread adventure...




Ben sneaking some candy... :)


And my Dad too...see his hand? LOL :)

Nana helping the boys decorate...




Sneaking more candy...

 
Ta da! It turned out so cute!



I'm so excited to make this a yearly tradition. Maybe when the boys get a bit older we will attempt making our own gingerbread. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?


post signature

3 comments:

vivaciousJD said...

This looks like you, Dan and the boys had so much fun! What a great tradition. I can't say that I ever decorated a gingerbread house but I could see how once you start, you wouldn't want to stop (kinda like Lego's)!

DianeTaylor said...

What fun! I used to do this with my son when he was little - the kits are so much better now. I did this last night with 4 little ones on my hubby's side (ages 3-6) and we had a BLAST! What a sweet tradition to add to your collection.

Lauren Leggatt said...

awww this is so cute! I always loved decorating them when I was a kid, but then again, I still love decorating gingerbread houses! so much fun, and pretty darn tasty too! :) merry christmas

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...