Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{not so DIY starburst mirror}

With all of the great DIY starburst mirrors floating around the blog world and Pinterest these days, I had to poke a little fun at myself with the title of this post. I mentioned here how I was debating over  DIY or buy in order to get my very own starburst mirror.

If you follow me on Facebook, you saw that I finally decided to splurge and buy the one I had been stalking at Hobby Lobby. It was half off, but still $40, which is a huge splurge for me on one home decor item.

But it is now hanging in our dining room...


And it was worth every single penny.


It makes me smile every time I see it. {picture this wall with white trim and beige walls for the full effect}

And yes...I did have to change up my little vignette to make it work...


I removed the chalkboard and hung the canvas on the wall to fill in the gap. Sadly our oddly placed heating control is now showing, but I'm OK with that.

I think the chalk board will go in our entryway...which will be a nice pop of color after the walls get painted. And now I'm really tempted to paint our entryway table top with chalkboard paint thanks to Emily at 52 Mantles...





What do you think? This is the table...


Chalkboard top and white legs? The walls will hopefully be gray soon. I loooove gray + turquoise right now so I think the chalkboard would be the perfect accent.

OK...so I went from my not so DIY mirror to redecorating my entryway. I'm all over the place. :) And you love me for it, right?

Linking up with...


Aisle to Aloha


post signature

11 comments:

Megan said...

Love that starburst mirror! It was definitely worth it :)

Mrs. H said...

Love it! We are busy working mama's! I hardley have time to wash clothes, let alone do a complicated craft.
I think that the table would look great painted!

jas said...

absolutely lovely!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the mirror! I almost bought that same one but talked myself out of it as I don't really have the perfect place to put it in my home. It looks great in your home!!

DianeTaylor said...

So worth the money - gotta love Hobby Lobby. I won a biggest loser contest here at work (I've lost 20 pounds in 12 weeks, even over the holidays!) and the prize money is $425! I may have to splurge on this item with my winnings!!!!

Looks great :)

two birds said...

i love everything about that little vignette...that lamp is amazing! and i own that clock, too! what a cute space. and i say yes to the chalkboard paint and white legs!

Cassidy said...

Love that mirror way worth the price and it is a classic piece so you will keep it for years! Great decor on the table as well. I love your little chalkboard sign and the fun color scheme you have going on! I think you should totally paint your entry way table to I am loving that idea as well!

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Cassidy said...

K,I also have to tell you that you have a gorgeous home! Great style!!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm sure you know MY vote :). GO for it!!

Thanks for the shout-out!! I love your not-so DIY mirror! I've learned that sometimes it's best to just buy it and save the headache for something else. Those starburst projects are beautiful, but they look painfully tedious! And, your vignette still looks amazing!

Thanks for linking up!

Elyssa said...

Good buy! Sometimes it's just better that way! I saw, yes! Paint the table! Love the new look of the blog, btw!

RAENOVATE said...

i love the sideboard piece under the starburst, it has the cutest little feet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...