Monday, January 09, 2012

{weekend find}

Don't you love it when something on your wish list ends up in the clearance aisle?


This little canvas came home with me from Hobby Lobby over the weekend and it fits in just perfectly, don't ya think?


And it was $4. Yep.

This is my favorite little nook in the house right now. I love how all of the elements work together. I think I have this vignette thing down now...it is all about layering and moving the eye from one element to the next. Adding in items with sentimental value, like my Grandma's training case and milkglass lamp, and the retro clock that was a housewarming present from our first home, make it even more special. And of course a little owl, my button flowers and my DIY chalkboard pull it all together.

But that canvas, oh it is my favorite at the moment. :)

What is your favorite little nook in your home right now?

Linking up with...







lollipops


52 Mantels


post signature

16 comments:

Lora said...

i love it all! what a sweet little corner. :)

Mary said...

i absolutely love it! so adorable!
love your style. :)
happy monday!
xo

Sugar Mama Bakeshop said...

It's all beautiful. That milk glass lamp is LOVELY!

Jessa said...

Mine would have to be my studio! Or what is starting of it! I go in there and just stare at the blank white walls and dream. I almost do not want to begin because the visions are constantly changing! Great Find!

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

Nicky said...

omg ... it's PERFECT for that space. love it.

Nicky

henning love said...

i love the sign! and $4 you can't beat hobby lobby. seriously i could camp out in that place

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy said...

Love Hobby Lobby! Glad you found your favorite piece on sale!

CraveCute said...

Very cute, fits in nicely with your vintage finds too!

Jen said...

Love the vignette you created! So cute! Following you!

patti west said...

Saw you at 52 Mantels and just needed to come by to see where you found that awesome canvas!! ;) Love your vignette - and yes, I do believe you've got them down to a science. Beautiful display!!

patti west said...

p.s. love the button flowers in the little "love" vase too! so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love how well you mix, match and layer! You sure know how to style a surface! I've pinned this on pinterest because I'm sure others will appreciate the tips on layering!! You've got it down, for sure :)

Thanks SO much for linking up! I really appreciate you sharing your creativity!

Dawn@MakingHome said...

Found you via 52 Mantles. Love the canvas , love the chalkboard. I'm kinda into chalk boards right now myself! Stop by my place if you have time .
http://makinghome-dawn.blogspot.com/

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

I do love it when that happens, I always say He loves me (Jesus) and it's just another way He shows me.;)
I love your whole little area... your lamp is amazing. SO love.:)

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

I love that Heather! What a great way of looking at the little finds we come across that make us smile. :)

Beauprez Family said...

I have that some love vase. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...