Sunday, June 19, 2011

{father's day card tutorial}

I wanted to share a tutorial for two quick and easy cards I made for my hubby and my Dad for Father's Day. I love making cards for so many reasons...easy on the budget since I can shop my current stash, I get to play with said supply stash, and most importantly I can customize the design and message to the person I'm making it for.

I used the same basic design for both cards. My hubby's...


And my Dad's...


I started with a 12x12 piece of patterned paper and cut it down to 8 1/2 x 11 inches {to fit my envelope when folded}, and folded it in half. Then I picked a coordinating paper and cut a strip that was 8 1/2 inches wide by some random measurement {anything between 2-4 inches is ideal}. I just eyeball these based on what I pictured placing on top of it.

After I glued the strip to the front of the card, I took out my trusty circle punch...


Turned it upside down so I could see where I was cutting the circle...


And punched the circle on top of the coordinating paper strip. A cute felt heart was then added to the open circle, on the inside of the card.

Letter stickers finished off the message on the front of each card. I love the American Crafts thickers...they add great dimension...



And there you go! Two quick cards that were personalized for my hubby and Dad to celebrate their greatness in fatherhood.

And this is a template that can be personalized for any occasion. Replace the felt heart with a button, paper flower or other 3D sticker to go with your theme!


post signature







Linked up with...




 The DIY Show Off




 


3 comments:

Sara said...

Love these! I am in the process of adding a craft room onto my house and I can't wait to get it finished and organized so I can do things like this! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

LOVE your card! What great colors.
I'm your newest follower.
Buffie
http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

The Outlaw Mom said...

Such a cute and simple idea that will make a great gift! Thanks for sharing the tutorial and turning me on to the circle punch :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...