Monday, June 20, 2011

{new decor}

I have two new decor pieces to share with you today. The first is another purchase we made on our recent trip to IKEA, and it finished off the look I had in mind for our desk area. Here is how the space looked when I first started putting it together...


And in the middle phase once we added our IKEA Lack shelf and accessories. The brown shag rug just wasn't cutting it...


And now here it is with our new rug!


I had been coveting this rug for quite awhile now, and at $20 I had absolutely no guilt throwing it in our shopping cart. It is surprisingly soft and looks great in the space. My hubby even commented on how it brightened up the area, even though it is a neutral color.


It feels good to have the space finished and functional. 

And speaking of functional...I did say that I had two new decor items to share, right? The second is a cute little number for our bathroom...


I must say that I wish our toilet seat was padded with handles. Toddlers are SO pampered. ;)

post signature






Linked up with...

HookingupwithHoH 
Somewhat Simple
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

10 comments:

Dee said...

My daughter would be in LOVE with that 'cars' seat.

Brit said...

Only $20 for that rug! I am in love.

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Yes Brit!! You should totally get one. :)

Katy said...

I saw that rug at IKEA & loved it too. I just don't have a place for it right now, but if I did I would snatch it up =)

Your space looks great.

the nichols' family said...

LOVE this!! :)

Aisling said...

I love that rug and have never spotted it in ours, hmmm, maybe a trip to IKEA is in order, hmmmmm

Unknown said...

Very cute! Gotta love IKEA! I purchased the same rug for an office remodel I did.

Freckles Chick said...

Further proof that the I need an Ikea in my life! The nearest one opens this fall, the wait's killin' me!

That rug really completes the nook. Love how functional & chic this space is.

Freckles Chick said...

Oh & I foresee a chic toilet accessory in my future. Oy! =]

Laura Britton said...

I LOVE this desk space... I am seriously going to attempt to imitate it in my office area. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...