Monday, May 14, 2012

{mother's day love}

Mother's Day #4 is in the history books friends. And it was a really, really good one. :)


These boys fill my heart so full at times that I don't think there is room for any more love. But then I find a few more nooks and crannies to squeeze it in. And my husband deserves an award for how special and pampered he made me feel over the weekend.

On Saturday my Mom and I spent the afternoon out together for a little girl time. We had lunch at our favorite local sandwich shop...

Chicken gyro and potato salad for me....yum!
Mom gave me a cute set of bracelets and they matched my outfit perfectly so I couldn't resist wearing them...


And in our usual style we ended the day with iced coffees at Starbucks. It was the perfect way to begin our Mother's Day weekend.

On Sunday morning the hubs let me sleep in. When I woke up around 9 I could hear the boys rehearsing how they were going to tell me Happy Mother's Day. Cue heart melting. :)

When I got up they gave me the sweetest card and the gifts they picked out for me. Nailpolish from Benny {completely his idea} and a mug from Landon for my "iced coffee"...


Dan also included a really sweet note in my card telling me to go get "my hair did" soon, since I have been talking about needing to do it for over a month. :) And just when I thought the morning couldn't get any better, Dan baked some homemade lemon scones and ran to Starbucks to pick me up a vanilla latte...


We spent most of the late morning and afternoon just chilling at the house. Then later that afternoon my mother-in-law came over and we went out for a little girl time at TJ Maxx. I tried on two cute tops and decided to buy them, then she surprised me by gifting them to me for Mother's Day. She is so wonderful...I'm truly blessed.

For dinner that night, Dan made his first ever whole roasted chicken...


It was really delicious...he should be a chef I tell ya. :) It was a wonderful meal and I got to share it with two of my favorite moms...


My mother-in-law, me and my sister-in-law. We even snuck in a trip to Kohl's after dinner for more retail therapy. We squeezed every inch of pampering out of the day. :)

Before the boys went to bed I got one more pic with the them...


What a full heart I have after a very full weekend. Thanks so much to my husband, both of my moms, and my sister Beth for being so supportive and loving me unconditionally. It is the best gift ever.

post signature



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...