Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{saying good-bye to three}

As we put the boys to bed tonight, all I could think about was that it was the last night putting them to bed as three year olds. They will be four tomorrow. FOUR.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that number...especially when I look back on how we started out...


And then came their first birthday. One was a little bittersweet for me, but mostly exciting...a celebration of surviving the first year as parents of twins.


Two was even more of a celebration, and we had SO much fun picking out their gifts and personalizing everything for them...


I didn't think it could happen, but three was even more exciting. Three is such an age of discovery and the boys were turning into little people that we could have a conversation with and interact with on a deeper level...and their Despicable Three birthday party was so much fun...


But four...well now I'm realizing that they REALLY aren't babies anymore. They will start preschool in just a few months. They can go to the potty all by themselves. Well...when they want to. They talk to me about God, about what they want to do tomorrow, about what super-hero they like the best. They tell me they love me without me saying it first...


They are little men now.

Tomorrow will be a fun family day, just the four of us. We're going to take the boys out and let them do all of their favorite things...maybe some bowling, pick out a new book, a trip to our local toy store to pick out their free birthday present, whatever they want for dinner. And a little cake just for them.

And then on Saturday we'll celebrate with our family and friends...superhero style. :) I can't wait to share the best moments of their 4th birthday with you.

post signature



2 comments:

Sadie Dear said...

Oh, I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration! I know that my son is two and 1/2, and I can't believe how fast it has happened. 4 will be here before we know it, along with all the other numbers. Scary!

Unknown said...

Happy 4th Birthday to your handsome little boys!! The years just fly on by!
I found you blog recently & I'm a new follower. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...