Saturday, July 14, 2012

{pinterest fashion inspiration}


After wearing two of my dresses as skirts this past week, I decided to head over to Pinterest and search for some more inspiration and ideas for different ways I can style the dresses in my wardrobe.

I found tons of really adorable and chic ways to layer tops over dresses, many of them using button down shirts.

Here are my favorites...





Source: keikolynn.com via Mandy on Pinterest




This confirms that I really need to find a cute chambray button down. That will be on my list the next time I go thrifting for sure!

Here are a few more great looks using pullover tops...





The color combo of this last one is a bit out there for me, but I love the concept {I'd also do flats because I'm not a heel girl}...



Is it crazy that now I want to look for dresses that I can specifically wear this way? I especially want to find a striped or chevron maxi dress.

This look works great for my office because it adds a layer of warmth in the chilly AC, and also helps to transform some of my not-so-work-appropriate dresses into more conservative, but still fun, options.

Is this a new trend or am I just late in jumping on the bandwagon? What is one of your favorite trends in fashion that you've tried out recently?

Linking up with...







post signature





2 comments:

Courtney said...

Great collection of ideas! I do this all the time! Its such an easy way to turn a summer dress into a maxi skirt! <3

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

WOW! great collection Mandy!! i'm going to have to try this style out...thanks for linking up girl! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...