Friday, May 23, 2014

{fleeting stories}


Today is the last Friday that my boys are kindergarteners. 

And five-year-olds. 

Whoa.

Slow down time, will ya?

I was thinking this morning about what our evening will look like tonight. Dan will be at work, so it will be just me and the boys. 

Our last after-kindergarten-Friday-night-hanging-out-together night.

sigh

I want to make it fun and special for them. 

I am going to think of tonight as a story we're writing together. 

The first chapter will be hanging out in my office with snacks and shows on the touch pad while I finish up my work day, followed by a trip to Chipotle for their favorite dinner of rice and beans. We'll move onto chapter two with an adventure at the party store, shopping for their birthday party favors and then picking out candy to eat later while we watch a movie. In chapter three we might fit in some play time at the park, making new friends and repeat trips down the curly slide. Chapter four will find us cuddled up on the couch watching a movie of their choice, with two big bowls of buttery popcorn hugged between our legs. 

This might sound like a boring book to most, but the things in those chapters are the good stuff that make up my days with two five-year-olds. 

These stories are fleeting and oh so great. 

XO,
post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw! So sweet. I hope that tonight is a great time for you three. They grow so fast and time sure flies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...