As I sit here finishing my 2nd full glass of OJ in the past hour, I thought it would be fun to document all of the cravings I've had during my pregnancy. Some have gone on for weeks while others have just been for a day or two, but I definitely felt like I was going to die if I didn't have each and every one of them at the exact moment the craving hit. Here they are in order from first to last...
1. Nacho cheese Doritos - strange, but when most food made me feel nauseous, these things hit the spot. They were my 10 am snack at work every morning for at least 2 weeks.
2. Burger King chicken tenders & BBQ sauce - their BBQ sauce is the best (well, McDonald's gives them a run for their money)
3. French fries - For about a week fries were the only thing that sounded good...my favorites were Burger King and J's (a locally owned burger place)
4. Oranges - I had never been one to eat fresh oranges, but I had one at work one day and was hooked. I ate two a day almost every day for a few weeks.
5. PB Captain Crunch - now I normally enjoy a nice big bowl of PBCC, but I went through I think three of the giant boxes in a couple week's time. This one made an appearance again yesterday...I actually had a bowl this morning at 2:30 am.
6. Frisch's salads - their ranch dressing is the BEST!
7. Milkshakes - since you're not supposed to eat softserve ice cream when you're pg, and I've been a good girl, my only options have been Steak N'Shake and the ice cream shop in our mall. Dan has been sweet enough to humor me and make a few shake trips since I've been layed up on the couch. My last fix was Sunday morning at 2 am after our first trip to the hospital...a large vanilla shake from S N'S really hit the spot.
8. Orange juice - over the past month or so I swear I could sit and drink a gallon of this stuff at one sitting. I've never been a huge OJ drinker, but right now it is pure heaven in a glass.
9. Cherry 7-Up - this one has been a staple in our fridge for almost my entire pregnancy. Of course it has to be in a glass with a little bit of ice...out of the can just isn't the same.
10. Soft chocolate chip cookies - I ate a whole package in 3 days. Enough said.
11. Popsicles - I'm always thirsty lately and my mouth is super dry so these really hit the spot. One night recently I ate 6. My favorite is cherry but I don't discriminate.
Others that deserve an honorable mention: chocolate milk, sugar cream pie, and Chili's chips and salsa (a usual craving even when I'm not pg).
Luckily, even with all of my cravings I've only gained about 35-40 lbs so I feel very grateful for that. PG cravings are no joke!!