Thursday, December 10, 2009

{missing you}

On my way to work every morning, I drive down the cutest street that is lined with bungalows. Ones that aren't so different from our much loved, and much missed, first home. There is one for sale and every time I pass it I dream of buying it and having a little bungalow again. There was just something about that house that still holds my heart, especially at Christmas time.

I miss decorating the porch railing with green garlands...

House Winter '07 by you.

and hanging the stocking on the sturdy wooden mantle...

Landon's Christmas stocking by you.

and decorating my new and shiny kitchen with vintage goodies...

a little kitchen cheer by you.

There was something so magical about that house.

I hope the new owners are enjoying that house as much as I did, and decorating her the way she deserves.

3 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

I hope the old Ford house is getting lots of love too! You always decorated her so beautifully!

Jill said...

It is a darling house and your decorations in that house were always beautiful and so stinkin cute! I'm sure she's loved, just a different way now.

BTW, did you make that stocking?

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

My MIL actually made the boys' stockings - one of my goals is to have her teach me how to crochet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...