Monday, December 14, 2009

{simple}

I kept our Christmas decor pretty simple this year for obvious reasons. Lack of time and four roaming toddler hands created quite a challenge, so I brought out my favorite items and created some simple displays.

The entryway with my favorite tinsel tree. In past years it has always been covered with my vintage ornament collection, but with two mischievous cats roaming down there unattended I decided not to take any chances.

102_5316 by you.

A fun message on the chalkboard paired with a glittery wreath...

102_5313 by you.

The tree with a few felt and paper ornaments...

102_5311 by you.

I think my favorite display is on our new china cabinet...the boys' stockings and a few other pretties...

102_5309 by you.

An easy display in the dining room created by placing a pretty metal beaded garland in an apothecary jar paired with another simple, unadorned tree.

102_5308 by you.

And my yarn wreath hanging over the mantle with our advent calendar and some of my glittery houses...

finished yarn wreath by you.

Even though I miss having all of my vintage decorations out this year, I must say that it was nice to not have to drag it all out, or worry about things being broken. Sometimes simple is really nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all so beautiful and whimsicle, Mandy! I love it!

Pretty Zesty said...

Love the chalkboard. very simple and pretty ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...